1. I hear this a lot... "You are so tiny! I can't believe you are having twins"... Now I will admit that I am super fortunate to be so small in comparison to some women, but none the less I feel ginormous!!! But, I do admit that it is hard to believe that there are actually 2 babies inside of me!
2. I have gained 38lbs so far and even though I know I am supposed to gain 40-45, I hate to step on the scale and see the numbers going up and up!
3. In connection with the previous, I do eat food and don't feel like I have any weird cravings... mostly just aversions. I can't stand to eat corn for example. A lot of times lately I don't know what to eat and nothing sounds good. While Tim was out of town this week we had cereal for dinner, which the kids loved!!! Then the next night we had breakfast...
4. That leads me to my next one. I hate cooking dinner and making the decision of what to eat. So unless I get told what to make it ends up being what sounds the easiest to make, so we eat spaghetti and hamburgers a lot.
5. I am not a fan of this super hot summer!!! 5 days in a row with 100 degree plus days and records did not make for a happy me... but I think that pregnant or not I would be feeling like that! I do love my prenatal swim class which helps me cool off and gets me doing something active!
6. I am not a fan of heartburn!!!! I am thankful that I don't have it on a regular basis and if I did, I am sure Tim would force me to the doctor for an extra strength prescription because I would complain all the time!!!
7. It's not all bad... I love feeling the babies move inside of me! I think it's fun knowing approximately where they are and so it is neat to know if it Baby A or B. A is the girl and is down low and usually I feel kicks from her more on the inside, like on my bladder. She also gets a nerve that shoots pain down my leg, but it is always nice knowing she is there and doing well! B is the boy and is up high. He kicks my upper stomach area and my ribs. These kicks are the ones that Tim can really feel and I can notice my stomach moving around more. I'm not really a fan of getting kicked in the ribs, but again it is still nice to know he is doing well.
8. I have been told that Heavenly Father wouldn't give me more than I can handle, and I have also been told that I am a great mom and will do a great job with twins because Heavenly Father trusts me with 2 sweet spirits at once... Now, whether you believe that or not, I mostly don't believe the second theory... I do know that I am so lucky to have this opportunity and I continue to pray each and every day for the health and safety of these two little babies and for them to come not too early and that I will be able to have the mental and emotional strength to raise these little ones along with the other amazing 2 children I have been given. I am thankful for this blessing of being able to bring a total of 4 children into this world and I hope I can do the best job possible to make my Heavenly Father proud as I raise these children. I know that not everyone has it as easy as I have had it in having these children and so I hope that I don't take them for granted and that I enjoy each and every day that I have with them!
9. Unless there are any complications I now have 6 weeks and 3 days at most until I meet these little guys! I keep wondering what they will look like. Will the boy have dark hair and eyes like Shyler or light hair and eyes like Adam??? And what about the girl? So many possibilities!!!! I also wonder if their activities and way they have been in the womb is an indication of how they will be in real life. For example, she is stubborn and will not listen to me as I plead for her to go head down. He on the other hand has always been on top of her and crowding her. Either he will demand to be the center of attention or he will be the best twin brother, always protecting her, which might be nice when the boys come around wanting to date her :-)
10. No, we don't have our names picked yet. If you ask Tim he would say yes. But I am still not sure. We have decided on about 4 different girl names and then we change our mind! Well, mostly I change it and then Tim agrees. Either way we are not planning on revealing the names until they are here!