Monday, March 09, 2009

A crazy birthday week

So after Shyler's party on Sunday we ended up having a crazy week.

First the craziest thing... of all of our family that came to Shyler's part and a couple others that couldn't make it, 11 out of 20 people ended up with something yucky. We are going with the stomach flu because 3 people who were not at the party and 1 who came and didn't eat anything got sick. They all had all of the yucky symptoms of the stomach flu. We felt so bad that so many people got sick and will always have a story to tell Shyler about her first birthday. Luckily Shyler and I didn't get sick so we are pretty happy about that, but Tim did. To make it worse for Tim he was on a business trip near Green River, WY and was sick. Poor Tim! Luckily everyone has recovered and we hope that we didn't get anyone else sick.

Second Ccazy thing... While Tim was gone I got the bright idea that I should surprise him and repaint our bedroom. I have spent 7 months staring at this awful chair rail border and I figured instead of complaining more about it I would surprise him and do it myself! I took advantage of the nice weather and convinced my mom to come down and help and I was ready to go. My mom unfortunately got hit with the stomach flu bug a little and ended up out of commission for most of the work. With a little extra help from my sister- in- law Karen watching Shyler and me staying up until 1, I finished in time. When Tim came home I told him I had a surprise in the bedroom and he just thought it was new comforter... I fooled him!!!

Third crazy thing... Shyler's One Year check-up. So this wasn't super crazy, just created a cranky child after she got her shots. Here are her stats though...
Length 31.5" = > 97%
Weight 19 lb 3 oz = 10-25 %
So, as if you didn't already know it, we have a long skinny baby!


So after those crazy happenings and Tim coming home we were almost back to a normal level of craziness! Here are some pictures of Shyler eating birthday cake take 2 and some of the work I did in our room!


Picking at the cake


I'm not so sure about this stuff

I like the fork better


Classic Shyler smooshy face


All done!

Our doorway before


Bed area before


The second layer of border


Door area after

Bed area after

New quilt up close



9 comments:

Stacey said...

happy birthday shyler!!! and great job on the bedroom amanda! it looks great!

Andrews family said...

Happy Birthday Shyler. And great remodeling! It's so nice to see the finished product!

Sarah and Nate said...

Happy birthday Shyler! They grow so fast. Sorry to hear that so many people were sick...it seems like everybody has had a rough winter! The bedroom looks great! It is so nice to make your house your own!

Courtney said...

The room looks great!! I am glad to hear that you got it done before Tim got home. I'm sure watching Lindsey one of those days didn't help the situation!!

Shannon said...

Hey Amanda it's Shannon! I love your paint job... it looks so good!

So sorry to hear everyone was sick; we've had a lot of flu around here too.

Hope all is well! Let us know if you guys ever come to SLC to visit :)

glen-denise-vince-mckee-cam said...

the bedroom looks awesome. you did a great job.
shyler is now 1. wow! happy birthday to you shyler. i hope you got a lot of cool presents!
we miss you guys!
my sister is getting married in april to a boy from littleton. i really want to come to their reception there in colorado...in april...so i'm working on it. we'll see. glen will be in the full swing of things here so he can't come but we'll see.

glen-denise-vince-mckee-cam said...

p.s.
"we want vince to marry shyler, cause she's a cute son-of-a-gun"

that's a direct quote from glen

valumama said...

well done on the bedroom!
sad about so many people getting sick! kind of funny now that it is over though.
happy birthday Shyler, she is adorable, LOVE the smooshy face

Shannon And Tyler said...

Good job on the room. I like it!! Sorry everyone was so sick. Tyler got it twice this year. Second time he got it was right after we brought travis home. but glad your all feeling better and i'm glad you and shyler missed out.