Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving, It's Christmas time!!!

We hope that you all had a great Thanksgiving!!! We had a good time with our family. We went to Tim's parents house and Amanda's mom was able to join us. We are so lucky to have both sides of our familes near by.


On of our traditions that we have done for the last 3 Thanksgivings is to go to the shopping center at Stapleton to see the light display that blinks to the Trans Siberian orchestra. We love their music and it means a little something extra to Tim and I because one of our memorable dates we went on was to their concert.

Shyler looked interested in the music and the lights, but she was not interested in sitting in her stroller for long. So sorry the video doesn't really show her, but you can hear the music and sort of see the flashes of light.



She was happy to have her Aunt Jeannette come along too.

I was one of those crazy people and went shopping on Black Friday. I went with 2 of my sister-in-laws and shopped all morning, then went to work at Pier 1 for 4 hours, and then we drove to Fort Collins to visit my friend Andrea. It was a long long long day, but I wouldn't have done it any other way... well maybe I wouldn't have worked!!!


I am so mad at myself for not going to Jo-ann's to get the flannel that was on sale for $1.49/ yd!!! My advise for black Friday is that Wal-mart is really not that fun that early, but Kohl's isn't too bad if you have someone to trade off standing in line and shopping with, also Target wasn't bad at all. We hope you are excited for the Christmas season, we are!!! We finally put our tree up on Sunday night. Shyler loved helping and was very excited to try and eat the lights. She really loved the jingle bell ornament though, she was shaking it and banging it against the tin plate we have.




No comments: