Sunday, October 16, 2011

Farmers


Look what we grew!!!
We have been enjoying tons of zucchini and tomatoes all summer, but I just pulled out our carrots... This was our first attempt, and they are a little short, but they look pretty good!
Our 4 pumpkins! We are so excited to have so much, I really can garden... a little
This week we went to a real farm, Miller Farms, with some of Shyler's preschool buddies. We had a great time picking corn, cabbage, carrots, onions, potatoes, and another little pumpkin to add to our collection! We had a picnic lunch, played a little then tried to figure out what we could do with all of our stuff!
Adam had fun picking too! He wasn't too sure about some onion skin that fell off into the tractor
Luckily Tim's dad loves cabbage pockets so he got a ginormous head of cabbage and some onions to start him out.


This week was my week to teach preschool. There are 5 total girls, but this past Thurs one of them was gone. I love doing the Mother Goose Time curriculum. This month is Ocean Commotion, and I got to teach about whales, sharks, dolphins, sea turtles and octopuses! They have so many great games and learning opportunities and so many cute easy crafts! The girls are loving the time together and Shyler loves to learn and play with her friends! They especially enjoy the added half hour at the end when they get to have free play. Of course I didn't take a picture of the super cool crafts they make, but dressed up and dancing and having a tea party.

Shyler has been loving the space between the chair and the couch and she keeps putting a blanket up and making a fort, so this weekend we tried to make a huge fort! She loved it and now always wants one. We'll have to keep it up so we can make it awesome, this one was just the work of an amateur.

Last week I also was able to go to the Denver Temple. It was closed for 2 months and it was weird how much more I wanted to be able to go knowing I couldn't. It was good to be back! I also have been loving the our stakes volleyball night on Fridays and someone invited me to play in their city league! So last week I had 2 games on Thursday night. We won and my super competitive side comes out, it reminds me of the good ol' days of high school volleyball!
Maybe I'll become a more regular blogger... haha!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the pictures! Sounds like you guys are doing great. Miss you and thanks for the blog updates!