Sunday, August 21, 2011

A weekend away!



Our weekend in Santa Barbara was amazing and so relaxing. It included walking... a lot, relaxing, eating and just enjoying some quality time together! We walked up and down the beach, the harbor and the pier. We also borrowed bikes from our hotel and rode up to the Mission. Sort of a funny story with that... The lady checking the bikes out to us looked at me like we were crazy for wanting to bike the 3 miles to the mission. It was mostly an uphill ride but for 2/3 of it we rode our beach cruisers like normal and then had to stand up to push ourselves the rest of the way. Mostly I wanted to prove the lady wrong so I was determined to make it feel like no big deal, even when we arrived a little sweaty... The ride home wasn't too bad considering it was all downhill, it was only slightly scary having only the brakes be pushing the pedals back, so we rode slow even though it was downhill. Overall it wasn't that hard of a thing to do and was fun! Mostly it makes me laugh at how crazy she thought I was for wanting to bike instead of hop on the freeway and drive... silly. But another funny detail is that I seriously almost fell off the bike when I first got on. It was hard getting used to the positioning. Lucky for Tim those are the bikes he gets to ride around his plant when he needs to go check stuff out so he was a pro.


There are so many boats in the harbor
Enjoying the beautiful flower garden outside of the mission. And wishing I had a camera that would let me manually focus on what I want!
Our super cool cruiser bikes! They even matched!
The mission. This fountain was built as part of the original mission in 1808. The mission has had to be re built a couple times for various reasons such as good old California earthquakes.
Some of the "few"palm trees. They were everywhere! Such an interesting tree. How do they not blow over?
I found it so crazy that you could drive onto the pier and eat at one of the many restaurants. I guess I haven't been on too many big piers. But this person, driving their super cool Tesla, knew! Tim was pretty excited to see such a cool car and didn't feel so dumb having me snap a picture because we weren't the only ones! I didn't know this, but this is one of the first and maybe only fully electric sports cars. It is made in California and there are a limited number and as you can guess is pretty pricey.
Loving life!!!
The pier is pretty long and has a great view of the beach. You can see the restaurant we ate at just behind the flagpole with my friend Brittany from high school. She is such a great friend, we don't see each other much, but I know that she is there and I can always count on her!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!
We enjoyed our first night in Santa Barbara celebrating our anniversary. We picked this small Italian restaurant on State Street, the big popular street with everything on it. We also walked up and down and looked at all of the fun shops, and once we knew that there was a yogurtland we made sure we saved room for dessert!!!
I LOVE YOU TIM!!!!
Thanks for being my best friend, husband and the father of my children! I am so lucky to have you for eternity!!!


1 comment:

Katelyn R said...

You forgot to mention scripture reading... :-)