Monday, January 25, 2010

Up and still here!

So on Saturday night we decided to spoil Shyler. Tim got a dresser from his parents house that he stripped and sanded and varnished that he got all ready for Shyler. She was excited to move her clothes over and for her new dresser that daddy made. We were also so excited to have it done that we didn't care that it smelled like varnish still, so we brought it in the house. We took it to her room and rearranged and got it all ready for the crib to come in next. Since she had the smelly dresser in her room we decided she didn't need to sleep in there that night. So we got all ready for bed and she got to stay up and watch the movie Up with us. She loved it!!! We were so shocked to see that she sat through the entire movie and was so concerned with the balloons whenever they weren't in the picture. The most adorable part of the movie was when the house floated away and she almost cried!!! It was the cutest thing to see ever!!! She kept asking where the house and balloons went, even the next morning! We will have to remind her of this when she makes fun of me for crying through movies later in life.


After her late night movie that she watched and sat through and didn't fall asleep during, we went to bed and she got to sleep with mommy and daddy! She loves sleeping in our bed and there have been many mornings where she ends up sleeping the last hour or so with us because we are too lazy and tired to take her back to her room. So to be able to fall asleep with us was a big deal for her!!
We love her so much and all of her cute toddlerness that she is right now. We are also excited for her to have a new brother, but we want to make sure she doesn't feel left out when he comes. We'll see how she does. We think she will love him a lot and want to give him lots of hugs and kisses, and she will be a great helper.


We have been waiting around this last month as I await his arrival, but trying to not be too bored. I have actually dilated a little this time and got my hopes up, but I think that I have conceded to the fact that he likes me and will stay in until we force him out on the 2nd. I have sorted and resorted and washed all of his clothes and blankets and rearranged and organized and cleaned and shopped and stockpiled our house multiple times in the last few weeks.


I was able to have a fun baby shower with some of my friends and family down her at my house. It was so fun to see everyone and I really appreciated all of the thoughtful gifts. I loved my cute diaper cake and the fun games we played, but most of all feeling so loved! Tim liked it because he got to go skiing for the first time this season.

Last weekend I got to go to a baby shower for Tim's sister, Karen, who is due 6 weeks after me! It was fun to have all 4 of us pregnant sisters together and to get one last belly shot!


So with one week to go we are anxiously awaiting the arrival of our little man and hope and pray that things go smoothly and that he is healthy! I am very tempted to take my doctor up on her offer to induce anytime this week, but I am trying to hold out. Is it weird that I want to know what going into labor is like? We'll see if I can hold out or if the heartburn and other ailments of carrying a full term baby win out in the end.

3 comments:

Jayne said...

Can't wait to see the new little guy!

Caitlin said...

I'm so jealous you just have a week...i would be tempted to be induced too...just to be done with all the aches and pains! I still have plenty of time to suffer:(

valumama said...

I don't think you are weird for wanting to know what going into labor feels like, maybe this time I will see for myself... good luck holding out this week!